Intellichlor issues ... AGAIN!

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
I am really starting to hate this thing as it has been one issue after anther and my PB has been effectively dodging me for about 2 months on another issue so I doubt he will be helping me with this one any time soon.

Anyway, the lights for the salt indicator are not lighting up. All the others below it are working fine. My wireless is reading the salt level at okay but if you go out to the unit, none of the lights are on regarding the salt levels. It was working fine until Saturday, when I noticed it. My pool is slightly over a year old and my intellichlor has already been replaced once. Any idea to what the issue might be? Will it read the salt level accurately even if the unit is not responding?

While I am at it, any idea how to get a PB to deal with issues on a timely manner ( It has been 2 months since I raised the initial issue)? I have always been taught you get more with honey but I am starting to get really ticked off. TIA!

Interesting... So during normal operation do you see a green LED for the CELL status? It may sometimes not be lit at all since it only goes green when the cell is actually generating chlorine (and this will depend on your run %). If you see a green CELL indicator then I'd say everything is working normally. In which case I'd wonder if the green SALT LEVEL LED is simply not working. That should be easy to check though since whenever the cell turns on (usually when the pump gets power) the red/yellow/green LED's will cycle for a few minutes while it's taking a salt measurement. If you see all the salt LED's light up at that time then it definately sounds like a strange issue.

I'd call Pentair tech support personally and ask them. The last time I called though I got a customer service person who seemed clueless and was apparently just reading word for word out of the manual. I asked her to please pass me on to an expert and she said to dial 800-831-7133 and enter extension 8454. Apparently those are the actual technicians who really know the equipment.

Hope this helps!

Not sure what to tell you about the PB... once they have all your money it's difficult to get them to pay attention to you any more. Hopefully you can just avoid the problem though if Pentair will hook you up directly. At the very least if Pentair confirms it's a faulty unit then you can call the PB and tell them that directly and they might be more likely to just come swap it out instead of troubleshooting.

Hey,

well you are not alone in this issue! I just called Adam today for the same type issue...my salt readings have been all over the place and now the cell is not working at all and I have an "check flow / PCB" error inside on my intellitouch.

Sorry to hear Adam is not working with you...I hope I do not run into the same issue. Adam is definitely not making any friends by his customer service skills...seems like a build the pool and move on kind of guy. Let me know whatg happens with your SWCG....I talked to Sonja this morning and she told me Pool Masters was called and it was "in the works"
so now its Chlorine tablets until this thing is fixed.

So I turned it off and restarted and watched what the lights did. Appears the green GOOD light is not working. The yellow and red lights flashed on and off while it was calabrating the salt level and then all lights went off so I assume my levels are good. I just had my intellichlor replaced (about 4-5 months ago) due to misreading the salt level.

I have tried calling Pentair but it was joke and basically I was told someone would call me in the next couple of days and they never did.

The theme with Adam (PB) is "I will send someone out there in the next couple of days" or "I will submit a work order". Typically it does not happen. I know Joe told me he is having the same issues. With our flagstone we have been told several times someone would be out there in a couple days and it has been 2 months. Communication - truthful communication is not their strong suit and it is just annoying. I know they are busy but then say "let me see when I can get a crew" and if it does not happen then call your customers and explain what happened. That is all I want. Anyway, hubby called him again this morning about the flagstone, as we are getting annoyed, and he claims someone will be out here tomorrow or friday (heard this before). I then had hubby call him right back about the intellichlor since he did not respond to email I sent Monday. And low and behold, Pool Master called to say they will be out Friday so maybe we will see something this week. Good luck to you and hopfully you won't have to deal with tabs for too much longer. Have you tried calling poolmaster directly? When the guy came out for my surecrete, I told him I wanted to deal with him personally, not through Adam and it went nicely and it was fixed in a timely matter. I kept the guys card incase we have any further issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.