Holy Smokes; this works!

Just thought I'd say, that after several epic partial drains and refills, I have now brought my CYA from 200 to 60, and have fully converted to BBB. I must say I was a bit skeptical during the switch, as it did require quite a bit of learning, testing, purchasing new items, and doing things in ways that seemed very new and unusual.

But now: WOW! My pool is absolutely the most beautiful and crystal clear it has ever been. Tonight I turned the pool light on and when I first saw the pool, for a split second I thought all the water had been drained out. I then realized that it was JUST THAT CLEAR! I could not even tell there was water in the pool. Simply amazing. And amazing that the entire pool chemical industry is based around what are border-line lies that create a self-perpetuating cycle of thinking you have to by more and more Crud as your pool ages.

Go bleach!

The world is full of liars and thieves, some even frequent pool stores and online forums.

I was in a pool store today and the guy doing the testing was checking the water for a regular... he was using drops and reagents and did the CYA test first (using a BlueDevil? slide tube). He even asked how the chemical usage was going and she responded they were using 1 gallon a day of CL (they sell 12.5% there). He was talking with a pool newbie at the same time as doing the testing and interacting with the regular. He was explaining to the newbie that CYA effected your CL and how much you needed.

I may end up back at that store! But, they are way out of the way and they want $16 for a case of 12.5%, I pass a shop that sells it for less on the way there. But, I don't know their sales technique.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.