A big thanks to you guys for my new found knowledge.

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I've been doing the BBB thing since I opened the pool in early March. Everything has been going smoothly with just a few questions here and there. My pool has never looked even close to this nice.
Anyway, yesterday when I tested first thing in the morning, I had almost no chlorine left although the water still looked great. My daughter is coming in for a visit and it would have been a disaster if the pool wasn't in order. So yesterday I kept adding chlorine and this mornings test was not that good as well.
Long story short, my chlorine usage is coming back down and all should be well when my daughter gets here tomorrow.
I'll do an OCLT in the morning just to confirm things but so far things have fallen back into place.
I wouldn't have known a thing unless I was educated about pool chemistry. The pool would have just turned green.
My point is that I caught it in time and did what was necessary to eliminate the problem before it ruined someones vacation.
Thanks to everyone on here. My daughter would have been crushed if dear old dad didn't have the pool in good shape.
Without the knowledge from this forum, not only would I not have known about it until it was green, I couldn't have fixed it even if I did know about it.

Thanks again.

I did the OCLT and I'm still just a little high on the chlorine usage so I'll keep the chlorine levels up for another day but it appears I got this handled before it got out of line and my pool turned green.
I'm so happy I found this sight and as soon as I get back on my feet financially, I'll be making a "donation" for the cause. In the short amount of time I've been using the BBB method, (I should actually say the "B" method because so far I've only had to use bleach and nothing else) I'll bet I've saved several hundred dollars and my pool has been nice and clear all year.
I can't thank you guys enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.