Return Plumbing

bigfunky

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
Wayne, PA
Our pool builder wants to run (1) 2" line to our (4) returns and loop them, is that OK. I wanted dedicated 2" lines per return with ball valves at the equipment pad to balance flow, shut off a return, etc.

Same for the spa, (1) 2" line to feed (8) jets, looped.

He is plumbing the (2) skimmers back to pad in 2" dedicated lines. Not sure if he has ball valves there - do I want them?

He also has the Polaris 380 on a 1-1/2" line, I think it should be 2"

Let me know what you guys think, build has not started yet.

Looped is ok but if it were me, I'd want them all individually ran back to the pad. One reason for that is that if you ever had a leak in one of them you could just plug off that one and keep running. If they're looped you're down till you fix it.

1½" for the Polaris is more than big enough.

I'm going to insist on the pool returns to be dedicated. How about the spa, is it OK to run (1) 2" line and loop the piping to the jets, I think he'd flip if I asked him to run (8) separate lines back to the pad with valves.

Just wanted to point out that using pool valves like Neverlube or Pentair or Hayward is better than the basic PVC ball valves. The ball valves tend to get stiff and break. The pool valves have lifetime warranties and are rebuildable if there is ever a problem ... Although they cost a bit more.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.