Suction Pool Cleaner Recommendations

May 26, 2012
Manatee County, FL
I will become a first time pool owner in September/October and I am very confused as to what models are reliable automatic pool cleaners. I have done some research on the web and on here but I am still confused. The pool being built is pre-plumbed for a cleaner.

Feedback on models that people have purchased within the last year or two would be helpful. Looking for really good ones and ones to avoid!

Part of the problem is every pool is different, one person may have a problem with dust and dirt that model X is great at picking up, and model Y just spreads. Another person may get acorns or other seeds, pods, etc. in their pool that tend to jam the wheels on cleaner Z. Without an idea of the type of debris you would be dealing with in your pool it is hard to say what would work best. In my experience with several suction side cleaners of the kreepy krauly variety over the years, I can say there is a certain truth to the saying you get what you pay for, at least in terms of build quality, and longevity however when it comes to cleaning ability, or chance of getting hung up, it is any ones guess, I have owned expensive ones that would constantly get caught in the corner, and cheap ones that never did (they just started falling apart after a few weeks/months).

Ike

The pool is outdoors and totally enclosed with a screen enclosure and no trees nearby so there is no real debris except what might come from the plants in the planters around the pool.

As far as the cleaner goes I don't have to have the very top of the line but I am willing to spend enough to get quality and good bang for my buck.

I have had "The Pool Cleaner" for almost 2 years now with no problems at all. I have the 2-wheel model in a 18X30 free form pool. It usually only needs to clean dirt and 1" leaves from my pool and does a great job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.