liner is slippery

Apr 22, 2011
we have a 18 ft above ground pool liner is slippery
scrubbed weekly
tested weekyl by are local pool store (by the way will not try and sell you anythig if the water tests ok)
and so far no stuff bought
how do i get rid of this

Sounds like the start of something bad ,you should shock, here we use the BBB method, so some bleach would be in order and more brushing. Please tell us if you do any testing of your own, filter type, what your using for chlorine now, size of the pool in gallons. The rest of the folks are going to chime in and want to know all your pools store numbers and then tell you to start doing your reading in pool school and also to get your own kit. I prefer the TF100 linked to here, I have a half dozen friends using it now and they love it.

jb :monkey:

Yeah, a slippery liner is almost always indicative of an algae flare-up and the correct cure is to shock the pool. Like has already been posted, read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School then, read "How to Shock Your Pool".

use clorine in ont bleach is more expensive
have kept it at shock level for a week
it scrubbed it daily and still slippery
can't post numbers as i do not have a test kit just use strips
pool store is saying water is great except the high clorine

Without current test results we can't tell you if have raised the FC high enough to complete the shock process. Ask the pool store for a print out of the test results or write them down. We need results for FC, CC, TA, pH, CYA, and CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.