Solar Cover Saddles

reagan

May 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Someone posted (I think on this forum) solar cover saddles for an AGP. I just received a pool catalog with similar saddles advertised for $84.99 (plus shipping, handling and tax). Granted, the 'kit' contains 5 saddles, 5 mounting brackets, 10 stainless steel pan head bolts and hex nuts, and five mounting pins to attach the saddles to the brackets. But it also requires 1/4" metal drill bit, drill, screwdriver, and small, adjustable wrench.

I figured I'd post pics of the saddles my wonderful husband made for me out of 2" PVC, a few elbows & caps, and zip ties for under $20.

He didn't use an adhesive, and although it means ease of taking apart for winter storage, they can come apart easily. The saddles aren't large, so they'll fit in the bin I use. Initially, he installed them every other leg, but that was too far apart for our little 16-foot pool. Three saddles installed on three consecutive legs is perfect to hold our solar cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.