Apr 4, 2010
Sorry I haven't been here in a while

Haven't felt I had a problem (been testing ) Have an 18x33 ABP been putting in a large walmart bleach each nite test looks ok each morning tested FC this morning around 5 PPM hadn't tested CYA in a while only use bleach reads no CYA haven't read BBB school in a while do I need to get a floater and some pucks?

Back to Pool School with you! :whip:

CYA doesn't just disappear as a general rule. If you've never added any, of course you'll read zero. Have you ever added CYA (Stabilizer), Dichlor shock powder, or trichlor pucks?

If you haven't added any, you need to. And the simplest way is to buy stabilizer, tie it in a sock, and hang it in front of the return.

gpmidway said:
Thanks I will add 18x33 what is the formula for adding ?
You need the water depth as well to calculate volume. Pool Calculator can do all the math for you, down at the bottom. Then, once you have volume, put that in the box at the very top of the colored chart. Then where it says CYA, enter zero now and 30 target. It will tell you how much CYA you need. You want to aim low on CYA because its easy to add more, hard to get rid of if you overshoot. Just assume it;s there, don't bother testing for it for a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.