My pool testing habits reminds me of HPT testing...

Jul 26, 2012
I already am thinking that this Walmart brand tester isn't enough for me.... think I will splurge and buy a better tester. Which one do you all recmd? My current tester levels for CL only go to 5 and PH only go to 8.2

I am sorta obsessive about testing and we just put in the pool last week :lol: I was panicking over my lack of finding the CYA in the beginning, but that has been solved thanks to a poster named Chuck :goodjob:

So regarding the HPT's....If anyone knows someone (or have yourself been guilty of this-if you are a woman), HPT's (home pregnancy tests) if you are TTC (trying to conceive) or newly pregnant can be obsessive like checking your CL PH levels... I am way past that now, have grandkids and children are growing up, but reminds me of years back :-D

Just thought I'd share with those of you that know what this means...

Just gotta figure out your bbt and get that charted too... wonder if they make little pink thermometers for pool? :) I would suggest ordering the tf-100. It sounds like you need to fuel your testing desires and knowledge is power! You won't regret it!

this post made me lol :-D . when i had to shock the pool and get up before sunrise to test the FC, it always reminded me of early morning temperature taking.

I have six kids, ages 14,12,10,8,6,4...you get the picture!

~theresa

We can relate ladies :party:

Have been on both ends ttc and tta. My oldest is 31, my youngest 8 (6!). Now you know my age! My 8yo is not DE so doesn't take much to figure it out :lol:

Done the tta with the BBT too.

You men confused now? :lol:

LOVE LOVE having a pool. My husband was behind the push for a pool. Bummed that our season in the midwest will soon be over, but already looking forward to next summer :party:

I have always been a bit alternative compared to mainstream so the BBB method suites me too! :lol: Proud of my sparkling pool.... er um well "our" pool. Can't forget my great husband that did most of the initial work :goodjob:

@techguy - My husband would agree.

Anything past a few yrs ttc is REALLY tough all the way around.

The end result of having a family is :-D

~Love knowing that our pool will bring family, friends and fun together~

...still in pool owner's heaven, plan on staying there with BBB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.