SWG %age level - what does it REALLY mean ?

Jul 23, 2012
If I set my SWG generator %age to (say) 25% - Does that mean that :

a) It generates chlorine at 25% of its capacity for 100% of the time the pump is running -or-
b) It generates chlorine at 100% of its capacity for 25% of the time the pump is running
c) Some other combination ?

If (b) how is the pump run time determined ?

Confused of Texas.

Most SWGs work using method B above, run at 100% power for <configured>% of the time the pump is running, though a few of them work some other way.

The SWG normally has two or more ways of knowing when the pump is on. Typically it is wired so the SWG is only powered up when the pump is running and it also has a flow sensor so it can make sure that water is actually flowing.

Can't speak as to what "most" of them do, but my Compupool operates according to your description "a" above. If I set the % at 50, that means that the controller will send 50% of max current to the cell during the time it is on, thus, 50% of it's generating capacity.

It is generating chlorine 100% of the time my pump is running since it is hardwired from the external timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.