New Build - Questions

utell

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
Hello all,

This forum is awesome. I have couple questions before my build.

Does anyone see a problem with building an island on crushed granite composite. That is very available here in central Texas. I think it would make a pretty stable base. Considering putting pavers on the granite but prefer the look of the crushed granite. See picture.

Also for water supply to the cold water sink, can I tap into a main sprinkler line as opposed to running it from an outdoor faucet?

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• crushed granite.JPG
    crushed granite.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 460
utell said:
Hello all,

This forum is awesome. I have couple questions before my build.

Does anyone see a problem with building an island on crushed granite composite. That is very available here in central Texas. I think it would make a pretty stable base. Considering putting pavers on the granite but prefer the look of the crushed granite. See picture.

Also for water supply to the cold water sink, can I tap into a main sprinkler line as opposed to running it from an outdoor faucet?

Thanks,
Eric

I am not familiar with crushed granite composite. Do you tamp it? Does it get hard? I see no problem in tapping into any cold water source unless theres a timer before your connection.

My sprinkler guys said it is not safe to use a sprinkler line for any water that may be consumed. Had something to do with a possibility of the water in a sprinkler line becoming contaminated with fertalizer animal waste etc. I would just bury a pvc pipe underground and run it close to an outdoor faucet and hook it up to a splitter so you can still use the faucet for other things also.

Thanks all.

Yes crushed granite gets tamped down. It makes a great base for pavers in this area.

Thanks for the advice on the sprinkler line. I was thinking about that might be a concern - not worth the risk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.