Replacing Pool Light

rlabla

May 6, 2008
Beaumont, Texas
we acquired a home recently and the pool light is fiber optic. in our old home we enjoyed a 500 Watt pool light and would like to replace the small fiber optic that does not put out any real light. any ideas on cost and difficulty?

thanks
:?:

We have a new lighting product that we will be offering soon that is made to replace fiber optic lighting with LED lighting. It will require a power supply (which is capable of supply power to 4 lights) and up to 4 LED fixtures. The cost for the power supply should be under $500.00 and then each fixture will be in the $150-$220.00 range. We don't have any firm pricing just yet.

You will need to run each fixture's cord through the conduit that the fiber is currently using. You will also need about 6" of PVC pipe directly behind the pool for this new fixture to fit into.

Sorry if this sounded like a sales pitch, just wanted to make you aware of this new product.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

- Josh

JoshU said:
We have a new lighting product that we will be offering soon that is made to replace fiber optic lighting with LED lighting. It will require a power supply (which is capable of supply power to 4 lights) and up to 4 LED fixtures. The cost for the power supply should be under $500.00 and then each fixture will be in the $150-$220.00 range. We don't have any firm pricing just yet.

You will need to run each fixture's cord through the conduit that the fiber is currently using. You will also need about 6" of PVC pipe directly behind the pool for this new fixture to fit into.

Sorry if this sounded like a sales pitch, just wanted to make you aware of this new product.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

- Josh
The pricing seems very much on par with a fiber optics illuminator and fiber optics lights. Is the light output significantly higher? From what I have seen of LED lighting itstill does not have the light output of other lighting sources and I have seen fiber optics installs with matal halide illumiators that really give off some lumens! Perhaps a new illuminator and new light terminations might improve the performance of this system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.