Intex Krystal Clear filter

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Is the Intex Krytal Clear 1600 GPH sufficient for my 18 X 48" ultra frame? I hope so, lol, I just ordered one. They dropped the price $100. So I decided not to wait til next year to get one. It's almost half off!

Good to know. I have been able to keep my pool clear all year with the sub-par filter that came with it, but I want it as clear as the pics I see on here, lol. I couldn't pass it up at 129.99! In fact, I ordered one for a neighbor, who I am working on converting to BBB. he had mentioned he was looking for a filter for his smaller Intex, and I looked up the filter to tell him about it and saw the price drop. He was checking at the PS, and I didn't want him to pay more for a filter than he did the pool! I just wanted to make sure it was enough for the 18 foot Intex, it doesn't really say on WM's website.

My plan was to get it over the winter. I couldn't pass it up at that price. I happened to notice they had the 18' ultr frame for $150. Less online than I paid in late spring, but they are out of stock. Win some, lose some, lol.

Got my filter installed this afternoon. Took my 13 y/o son and I about 45 minutes to get it up and running. Was proud of myself! Quieter than I expected. I even got one of the bags of sand for half off. Can't wait for it to run a few hours!

Can't believe how clear it is now! I thought it was clear before the install, I was wrong! One question... What kind of vacuum can I get that will Hook up to it correctly? I borrowed a friend's vacuum, and it seems the hose is too small. I have some dirt on the bottom the kids drug in, and also from the cover getting Put in the sand.

PA Girl
the intex over the wall skimmers are prettty much useless for vacuuming the pool, so i went out and bought the pool blaster catfish ultra and it works excellent. i fought with the over the wall skimmer and their vac attachment for 2 months, pump would lose prime because of air in the vac hose and it was a real p.i.t.a. Menards has the catfish ultrra for 99 dollars and i love it, but now i installed a thru wall skimmer and hard plumbed mine and the regular vac works awesome, but still use the catfish for quick touch ups.....Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.