Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool season again with more test questions....

1. Back To Top    #1

pool season again with more test questions....

we took a sample of our water to the POOL STORE and i dont know where to start,i did the BBB thing last year and everything was just great all season ,ive been adding liquid bleach 6% now for 5 days and we can see the bottom fairly well .i have vacumed, scrubbed and filtered 24&7 here are the #s we got yesterday
    saturation index 0.06
    total disolved solids 100
    free chlorine 3.8
    total chlorine 7.5
    combined chlorine 3.7
    ph 7.6
    cyanuric acid 9
    copper 0
    iron 0
    total alk 186
    adjusted total alk 186
    calcium hardness 132
    temp 60
    so anyway iam stuck getting old i guess just need a jump start thanks..
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince

2. Back To Top    #2
    Combined chlorine (CC) is above 0.5 so you should shock the pool. That means bringing the FC level up to 10 and holding it there by testing and adding more chlorine as needed to maintain FC at 10. Once CC goes to zero you can stop shocking.

You also need to bring your CYA level up to between 30 and 50. I would take care of the CC first before dealing with CYA.

Your TA level is fairly high so keep an eye on your PH and don't let it get higher than 7.8.

All of which assumes that the test results are right. The best investment in your pool you can make is to get a high quality test kit. I recommend the TF Test Kit, see the link in my signature. The Taylor K-2006 is also a good choice.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by waterhog
    i forgot to add to the last post that the the phosphates were 2500 ppm thanks again
    [Moved from another thread, JasonLion]
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Ignore phosphates.

5. Back To Top    #5

well give it our best shot

Jason thank you for the quick response its people like you that make this site so Great thanks again..
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince