new SWG pool - not filled yet - advice on first fill

Hello, new to forum, glad it is here. I will be filling a new SWG pool ( 18,000 gals.). I have a well that I will be filling from. I am looking for any advice as to conditioning the water before it goes in the pool and getting all chemistry right once it is filled. Anything I should look out for as I am filling the pool? Thanks. Ron 8)

The most important thing actually at this step is to measure how much water it takes to fill your pool. You will use that calculation for all chemical balancing from here on out. Do you have a meter on your well? If not you will need to measure your flow rates filling a bucket and determine your gallons per minute. Then watch how long it takes to fill your pool.

Most pool builders are 5k off or more from their estimates.

Check your well water for metals... if you have them, you will need to use a sequesterant such as Jack's BEFORE you chlorinate your water.

Oh, and welcome to TFP! Any and all questions (even the ones you think are dumb) will be answered with speed and expertise, so ask away!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.