Solar Cover and algae do it or don't??

May 31, 2012
Western, Wisconsin
OK, here is a question last night while cleaning around my pool I noticed some algae (not a lot but some) on the solar cover hanging on the side of my pool. I had a few thoughts here.

1.) Just throw it on, because I need not worry I am in control of my pool and can easily take care of it since I always keep FC and everything else at the proper levels?

2.) Throw it on bring FC to shock level and keep it there till Thursday? There is a pool party Friday and Saturday

3.) Scrub the jebeezes out of it with bleach and water make a complete mess of me and the yard set it out to dry then place it on pool?

All above options include monitoring CC's closely of course. I am having a pool party Friday and Saturday.

This is my plan #2 I will be shutting my pool down to swimmers putting the solar cover on til Thursday evening in the meanwhile keeping it a shock level brushing and vacuuming everyday.

So what would you guys/gals do? I only inquire out of curiosity since I know I can keep it at bay and get rid of it but with the upcoming pool party one can never be too sure and be too cautious!

My cover is on unless we swim, we never have issues with it. I wouldn't be concerned with a bit on it though. If worried about it, mix up some bleach & water and put it in a spray bottle. It'll kill it pretty quickly. If easy to brush off then may as well do that.

Just an update of how this turned out I just sprayed off the cover brought pool to shock level covered pool and let sit til last Friday uncovered checked ran vacuum tested water all was ok and still is no problems love it

Sent from my fully customized mobile machine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.