another happy convert

puckerth

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2012
Since converting to BBB (or really should I just say B since everything else has been pretty much on the money), shocking once and maintaining proper FC with Walmart bleach, and testing with the TF100, I haven't had a single problem with my pool. Such a relief from when I was dumping so much money into chemicals at my pool store and still having poor results. Even went away for a few days when it was very hot, and based on my findings searching here (although I was tempted to start a new thread since that seems like a popular thing to do) came back to a crystal clear pool.

As I stated in my intro thread, the thing that sent me over the edge was being told "nobody knows why chlorine demand happens, it just does". Part of me wants to go back there and tell them the mystery has been solved.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I just wanted to say how happy I am and not just use this place to state my problems. :cheers:

I was lucky enough to find this website when I ran into pump issues, which was before I had any chemical troubles and before I spent a boatload of money on pool chemicals (I only spent a boatload on having a guy come to "open" my pool, which amounted to draining it, wishing me good luck, and bad chemical advice). The bather load is light as my daughters are too young to swim on their own, so it doesn't get used much during the week. I've done nothing but test the water about every other day, pour in some bleach, and vacuum once a week and things have been stable and the water crystal clear.

The pool came with the house and I was certain it was going to be a time and money waster, but thanks to this site it could not be any easier and now I even know enough to help others out. Not bad for a guy who knew nothing about pools as recently as mid-June.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.