Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
What does everyone use for regular cleaning of liners at the waterline? I have a vinyl liner and have seen specific products at the pool store, but now that I am hooked on BBB I figure there must be some common household product that will get the job done.

I also have a stain at the bottom of the liner in one spot, any ideas for that? Thanks!

For general cleaning I just use the pool brush. If it requires more I use a Magic Eraser.

For the stain, try the Magic Eraser and if that doesn't work try holding a vitamin C tablet on it for a little while. If that doesn't work try holding your FC at the high end of normal for a while.

I have people who insist on slathering on sunscreen right before entering the pool. As a result I have a nasty scum line. I made up a paste consisting of 8 ozs of Borax and a couple ounces of bleach. Painted it on the scum line with the pool brush and left it on for two days. Scrubbed it off with just a cloth and 99% of it is gone. What's left is faint and a result of too thin an application of paste as I was getting down to the end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.