Safety Cover (18x36 rectangle)

Feb 16, 2012
Winston Salem NC
I am looking for opinions / recomendations on Safety Covers. My pool is 18x36 with steps on the shallow end.

What size do I buy? When I see an 18x36 cover, is it for an 18x36 pool, or is that the actual dimensions of the cover.
What brand?
Solid vs Mesh? I am thinking solid, but if I were an expert then i wouldnt be asking....
Any links to them would be appreciated....

Thanks

head gamez said:
I guess safety cover is not the correct term. I am looking for a cover for winter. One that stretches tight over the pool and anchors into the concrete.

Ideas?

That is a safety cover. Loop-Loc is the most well-known brand. They are custom made to a drawing of your pool. Check out http://www.poolcenter.com/looploc.htm for details on what the choices are.

A solid cover requires a pump, but you can get solid covers with a mesh panel to drain the cover or very fine mesh that reduces dirt getting into the pool. Solid covers reduce algae growth when the cover is on. I have a standard mesh, and I don't see any real advantage to the solid other than the algae issue, but even that isn't a big deal unless you need to open your pool later in the year.

If your pool is truly a rectangle, the deck and coping flat, and nothing intruding below coping, you can buy a ready made safety cover. The cover needs to be two feet longer and two feet wider than the pool.

You can go to various manufacturer's web sites for detailed information.

From what I can gather, I will need to custome order a cover because I have 4' radius "corners". I was only able to find that information on poolsupplyworlds website (for a Merlin). Is that true for all brands?

For whatever reason I seem to be struggling to find a cover with a pump. Does anyone have a link to a recommended one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.