Pool perfect/Spa Perfect

ChrisL

Apr 3, 2007
I am not sure if this should be here or in the Chemistry section. Dos anyone know if there is a difference between Pool Perfect and Spa Perfect enzyme treatment, other than the price? I was wondering if I could just by the cheaper pool perfect for the spa. Thanks.

Someone here told me this. . . I had that exact question. ;)

Spa Perfect is formulated for use with a higher level of organic contaminants. Using a tiny dose of Pool Perfect in your spa won't work as well as using the recommended dose of Spa Perfect.

There are other, less expensive enzyme products for use in a spa. I use Scumbuster, which is available online from the Spa Depot at a very reasonable price. (This is not a paid endorsement, just a personal recommendation.) There are other spa enzyme treatments out there, too, but Scumbuster is the cheapest one I've found and it works quite well in my hot tub.

I can say from 1st hand experience that you do not want to use "Salt-Water Magic" in your spa. It is similar to Pool-Perfect, but for Salt Pools. My spa is salt, but his stuff made monster foam that did not go away for a LONG time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.