Olympic pool

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
It might just be me, but does the Olympic pool appear to be slightly cloudy? The black lines looked a bit gray. :stirpot:

(this of course was after they were done with water polo and the water was still)

Does anyone know how deep the pool is? I can't find a definite answer. One place I read said it is 3 meters deep, but somewhere else said it has to be at least 2 meters. Anyone know the specific depth of this particular pool? If 3 meters, then the pool is over 900,000 gallons. That's a lot of bleach. :lol:

The water polo is being played in a temporary structure. I went looking for an answer on the depth of the pool and it says all of the pools have moveable booms and floors. So, apparently there is no correct answer.

So, to raise the FC by 1ppm in a 10 million liter (2,641,720 gallon) pool. It's only 43 gallons or 30 (182 oz) jugs. I actually thought it would be more. This isn't the where the polo was played though. It was in a temporary facility next door (according to the article).

Speedo said:
It might just be me, but does the Olympic pool appear to be slightly cloudy? The black lines looked a bit gray. :stirpot:

(this of course was after they were done with water polo and the water was still)

Don't you just love HD televison? :)

Speedo said:

It probably was. Think of how much sweat was introduced - water polo is a strenuous game. And then consider the difficulties involved in obtaining decent water testing kits in the EU!

Richard320 said:
Think of how much sweat was introduced - water polo is a strenuous game.
I played waterpolo when I was in college (club level team)...I remember traveling to the tournaments for the weekends, some of the guys would really throw em back on Friday night. In the morning, they reeked, and the minute their bodies hit the water, the smell got worse and then of course there is the extreme sweating, occasional vomit, urine, etc. I played hole defense (right in front of the goalie) so there was very close quarters and sometimes the reek was sickening. These waterpolo pool systems have a lot of waste to deal with. IIRC, when h20

Go USA h2opolo :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've read the articles, but it does not answer my question. Or if it did, I missed it. How do they disinfect the olympic pool? Is chlorine used, and if so, how much?

With the athletes apparently peeing in the pool, and sweating and spitting (especially Phelps!) I've got to believe they use a ton of chlorine. From what I could tell, the main pool looked very clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.