Hello from a Cheesehead!

Jenson

LifeTime Supporter
May 6, 2008
Argyle, WI
Hey all, just bought a new home in South-western Wisconsin that happens to have a 24' - 12,500 gallon above ground, in-ground pool. It is a vinyl liner and looks nice except for the leaves and brown gunk at the bottom. This house was a foreclosure and the previous let pretty much everything go, including the pool. I did find bunch of Baquacil chemicals and they are going straight into the garbage. I've been lurking for the past week and decided to go the BBB route. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions and pictures to show you guys and gals after we close on the house and the water warms up.

Thanks for all the great info here!

Matt

Welcome. You need to know what chemicals so you can tell if you need to convert or not. Biogaurd, the makers of Baquacil, also makes conventional pool chemicals. Some of them may be worth saving. (Or selling on eBay).

Welcome to the Forum. You have a long haul to a pool store so the BBB method will probably work very well for you.
Are you going to drain and start from scratch or try to treat and convert the current water?

BTW I grew up in Lancaster WI just west of you. The swim season is short but the pool will be a lot of fun.

I don’t know enough to give any advice but you will get plenty from the others here. Good luck from a fellow cheese head.

Thanks everyone, yes the pool season will be short, and I just plan on converting the water that is in it, I'm sure they didn't load it up with Baq before winter because they didn't do anything too well the last year they owned the house.

Bpotter, I went to college at UW-Platteville, and used to work summers for the LaFayette County Highway Dept. so I've been thru Lancaster quite a few times.

Appraisal for the house just came in today, and it was only $700 more than we bought it for, so there goes all the upgrading we were hoping to do :evil: So naturally I'm in a great mood tonight :roll:

Thanks for all the future help I'm sure I'll need!