could my issue be coming out of the hose

mrauch

May 13, 2011
Niles, MI
Hey all

Still struggling with some issues that I've had all summer. TA is and has been hovering around 200 all summer (and yes I've added almost 2 full bottles of Muratic Acid this summer)...PH has been as high as 8 but is currently sitting at 7.8. Other numbers are all ok (FC 7 as it is coming down slowly from a shock, CC 0.5, CYA 40)

I'm going to test the water coming out of my hose but was just wondering if anyone else has had or heard of this issue?

Thanks again for all the great info on this board... :cheers:

Mick

Totally possible, it comes up now and then on this forum, just do a search for "high TA fill water" or something similar. The other thing is using a lot of soda ash or borax, that would also cause a rise in TA.

file.php

If you live somewhere in the Southwest, it's almost certain to be high TA. Testing is the only way to be sure. Fill out your signature line.

My fill water is around 350. Lots of days over 100 degrees with very little rain results in having to top off the pool often. Since my pool is seasonal, I just add acid when I get around 7.7 and the TA comes down some, but I do not actively focus on lowering it. I was 225 when I tested last and I add acid about every 5 days.

"and yes I've added almost 2 full bottles of Muratic Acid this summer"

That is virtually no muriatic acid at all. I add that much in a week. You need to add what it takes to get your pH down in the low 7s over and over again to lower TA.

Water from the source was it...PH is 7.8 and the TA is over 200.

Guess I'll grab some bottles of Muratic Acid.

On another note, my run of bad luck continues...as the glider on my automatic cover broke and ripped a hole in my liner. :grrrr: SERENITY NOW!!!!!

Any how the repair man came out and looked at it and said that I have high phosphates, he could tell by the marks on the pool liner. You need a $30 bottle of Phos-free or something like that...I just shook my head and said thanks for the suggestion but I stick to the BBB method. He had no idea what it was. :hammer:

Mick

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.