Numbers Using TFT Test Kit

You didn't post PH. Your TA is a bit high, CC is too high, and CYA is too low for use with a SWG.

You never want CC above 0.5. I suggest raising FC to around 10 manually. If CC hasn't come down by tomorrow, you will need to shock the pool.

I recommend you start by lowering the PH to 7.2 if it is currently above 7.2. Continue to lower the PH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8 until the TA level comes down to around 70.

The recommended CYA level for a SWG pool is between 70 and 80.

Well, tonight I suggest you raise the FC to about 10 using bleach/liquid chlorine, as Jason recommended.

Then, if CC is still one (1) tomorrow, you will need to shock.

But, do not increase CYA levels for SWG until you determine that the pool does not need to be shocked. :wink:

Can i use the super chlorinate function on my aqua logic salt system to shock? I have a 6700 gallon fiber glass with a t-15 cell. It runs on 5%.
My CYA is 50.
What shock level do i need to get to?
If I have to shock should I use granule?
This will raise my CYA which it needs to come up. Is this correct?

CYA of 50 suggests shock value of ______? It's in Pool School...FC/CYA chart

You should use liquid chlorine (bleach) to shock. it adds nothing extra.

After pool is crystal clear and you have finished the shock process, then is the time to raise CYA up to around 60-80

Do not use your SWG to shock.

Retested 3 times
Test 1
FC = 5.5
CC = 0

Test 2
FC = 4.5
CC = 0

Test 3
FC = 5.5
CC = .5 1 drop brought it back to clear

Early Test Was:
FC = 3
CC = 1
Maybe Operator Error
Will recheck tomorrow if CC remains ok will move on to adjusting the other elements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.