need pool remodeler recommendation for north texas

Jul 29, 2012
hello all,
we are doing a pretty simple pool remodel in flower mound, tx (north of dallas)--tile/plaster/coping and adding a turbo twister slide and maybe a few more aesthetic additions like a stacked stone wall. i'm using angie's list to find remodelers/builders to get quotes from along with recommendations from friends and pool care professionals (you know, "my pool guy comes on thursday...").

so far, i haven't had a lot of luck. i've had nice visits from 4 builders/remodelers (claffey, vip, superior, bmr), but one never even sent an estimate after the intial consultation. and, 2 never answered one follow up question via email after the estimate. claffey pools in southlake answered the first question via email but didn't answer my second email at all. is it too much to ask to have emails with questions on estimates responded to? i did follow up with phone calls/messages that were not responded to, but i am more of an email correspondent person.

now, i've contacted 3 more (dolce, ocean blu, and deep blue custom) and have had only 2 estimates sent. i sent one a follow up email with questions to deep blue and am waiting for a response. so, if i go with the builder/remodeler who answers my email questions, then at this point, my choice is down to ocean blu (maybe deep blue will respond after the weekend?).

so, am i asking too much? seems weird to spend 15k-25k on something and no one even cares to check their email or respond. i think my project is too small and too complicated (slide will barely fit) for anyone to want to mess with it.

also, does anyone have any other recommendations for me to call?

i also have a turbotwister slide questions that i'll post separately. thanks all!

This is a busy time of year for these folks. By doing the remodeling stuff in the off season, you'll likely save thousands and get much better attention.

From what I have seen, BMR does a really good job.

i was considering that but was also told that all the "best crews" go home about october--not sure if that's true. i actually want to begin the process in late september/early october but wanted to get all the details completely worked out before then. anyway, when would you say the off season is? thanks much.

Off season is basically the time of year that you aren't using the swimming pool. October to March down here. Plaster and masonry work generally takes better when it isn't so hot.

Never heard anything about the best crews being around at certain times. That's like a builder telling you that their work is better at some times than it is at other times. Not much of a selling point if you ask me.

it was actually a pool maintenance company owner, whom i really trust, who told me that about the best crews leaving for fall because work slows down. he did pool remodeling for a long time prior to starting his own business, but he's been out of the remodeling game for about 10 years or more. another pb did say that a lot of workers go home for december. he didn't say if the "best" ones do (like maybe they fill out a self-evaluation before leaving?? lol).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.