possible leak at jet - water between liner and wall

Jul 29, 2012
Hello. New to here. We have a 28 ft above ground circular pool. We have drained it several times to get the water right and finally we got it right. Alas though - we did leave it un drained for a while and didn't necessarily keep all of the bottom wet =(. Some sides did boe a little bit. (probably from heat) After we filled it back up we noticed a leak somewhere. Didn't know where though. Praying to god that its not the liner. Tried the dye trick and didn't find anything. Actually did it inside the pool and on the outside where the water is coming out hoping that if there was a liner leak - that the dye would somehow get inside the pool. either way - nothing. cant see air bubbles anywhere so our assumption is that it was leaking at the jet area/skimmer area. it seems to have quit leaking once it hit a certain point. Problem is though, water is still coming out from the bottom - yet the level doesn't change at all. My next assumption is that there has to be water in between the liner and pool wall because the sand is also now coming out. (again, no level change). Is there ANY better way to have this water drain out or is it just really a waiting game? I really don't want to do anymore damage than I already have.

well bad day in pool paradise. so water slowly kept leaking. it had seemed to stop at that level but when i came home from work it was lower. at first it stopped actually above the jet which we thought it was the skimmer part. then when i came home from work it was halfway past the jet. now this morning =( - below the jet about an inch. sooooooooooo...what that means is that there is a small hole in the liner somewhere =( I am guessing in that area since that is where the ground is wet at. i guess i will have to replace the liner which absolutely sucks. I know there is ways to patch but i cant do anything to find the hole =( dye doesnt work, no bubbles. this absolutely sucks =( our liner is like over 500 bucks. grrrrrrr......

i swear its impossible to find it. the water does keep going down. its probably on bottom of the pool. but i have checked both areas that it could be in. tried the dye trick and just cant see anything. i got goggles and looked and felt and couldnt find anything. does anyone have any other hope tips on finding a hole so that i may patch vs. replacing the liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.