Sources for Valve,WhispFflo WFDS-24 and Hayward S310T2

KenJ

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2008
Glenside, PA
Looking for best sources for the following items. Since it's alot altogether hoping to save a little on each.

VALVE:
Need to replace my 3-way Jandy valve. I'll have (2) 1.5" lines coming from pool and 2" from valve to pump. Found a Jandy Never Lube 4715 on Ebay for $47.31 shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0235924552

Whisperflo WFDS-24
Best deal so far is $478 shipped: http://www.poolsupplypros.com/product_i ... cts_id=422

Hayward S310T2 Filter
Ebay - aqua-superstore -$485 shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4446866937

TIA! Ken

Hey gang -

I want to order ASAP as I'd like to have everything up & running by Memorial Day. Anybody have any experience with homesuppliesandmore or aqua-superstore on Ebay? How about poolsupplypros.com?

Any and all recommendations appreciated!

Thanks for the input. I received an email back from poosupplypros and they will price match. Since they had the best price on the pump and close on the filter and, most importantly, their willingness to work with me, I will most likely be ordering everything for this project through them this afternoon. Will keep you posted.......

-Ken

Just to follow up - good news and bad news.

I ordered everything (pump, filter and Jandy valve) from poolsupplypros.com and they were quick to take my order and get it shipped. Unfortunately the black plastic ring/base for the filter was crushed in shipment and now I'm trying to get it replaced.

This filter (Hayward S310) is flippin' huge! I spent part of the weekend breaking up the old pad that was just big enough for the old pump & filter so I can pour a new one this week!

Now for the question - how is Hayward related to Pentair? Ths filter I ordered was a Hayward but they put me in touch with Pentair to get the replacement part.

Anyway - hoping things gets worked out soon as it startes to warm up here in Philly.

Thanks! Ken

Up & running

It was close but I'm done. We had over 100 people over on Saturday for a graduation party for my son and as of Thursday mornig I still didn't have the new base for the filter. I used the broken one to get the plumbing completed and then the base showed up early afternoon. I got everything put together and my electrician friend came over Thursday night to tie in the pump. He finished adn the pump would come on and drain the basket but wasn't pulling. Kept trying and no prime....Crud!

By now it was dark and decided to try again Friday morning. Well same thing happened and decided to re-check the unions in the lines and sure enough one wasn't tight. Tightened it and I was in business. Took the cover around noon and by 6:00 we were swimming. Since I found this and a prior website I am amazed how great my water is when I open in the spring.

In the end I thin working through poolsupplypros.com was worth it and I would hiughly recommend inspecting any shipments (pool or otherwise) immediately in case you ruin into a problem.

Thanks again! Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.