Question on FC and CC

bagels

Jul 7, 2012
When I do my chlorine test (taylor k2006) and im at the cc phase, I put the 5 drops in and it doesn't turn pink. I know that I have algea etc.. If I let the sample sit for about 10 mins or so it will turn pink. Is this normal or is it supposed to turn back to pink right away?

yes using 10ml sample. CYA is 70 and FC at 28.5 for shocking purposes. Why would water be cloudy if there is no CC? Just b/c of CYA level? Been draining and replacing water periodically and moved away from trichlor to straight bleach 6%.

You can have dead algae and silt clouding up your pool. As the chlorine sanitizes, CC is formed, but if your pool is uncovered and exposed to direct sunlight, the CC can burn off very quickly. Do the same testing overnight as in the overnight chlorine loss test and you will likely have CC.

Also, make sure you dip your sample from deep in your pool (a few feet down if you can) and not just skimming a sample off the top (where there is more direct sunlight).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.