Goldline Salt Generator DEAD

thom49

Jul 25, 2012
I'm looking for troubleshooting suggestions for a Aquarite Goldline generator system. I have no display or lights and know the following:

- I replaced the main circuit board because the Hayward folks told me this was the most likely fix if the fuse was good. So I have a new board with fuse installed.
- This system has no external fuse, so uses the fuse on the board.
- I have power to the main circuit board.

Any thoughts on what to do to isolate the issue? I don't perceive there to be but 2 other components: 1) the small circuit board with the display on it and 2) the transformer. But I don't know how to determine if one or the other of these is at fault. Are any other possibilities?

One final note. This system is "out in the country", so I have limited access to it - 1/2-day round-trip travel time.

Not sure what the "power center" is. However, the cell has not been connected since I installed the new main board. You're not supposed to connect the cell until you've configured the board for the appropriate cell size. And, since I have no display, I can't configure the board :(

I finally was able to troubleshoot this system. The issue seems to be that the fuse on the control board is being blown whenever power is applied. After a couple of hours of investigation (and 1/2 dozen fuses), we have convinced ourselves (rightly or wrongly) that the wiring must be incorrect. A supposed Hayward rep was the last one to mess with it. I noted that he had left the old control board in the unit WITHOUT a fuse - now I see why.
A picture of the wiring is attached (note "Dike" is the name of the town where system is located). Note the display board is removed in the photo.

Any comments or, even better, wiring diagrams would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Dike Wiring.jpg
    Dike Wiring.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 53
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.