Intelliflow Variable Speed pump 1.5hp -- Is this realistic?

pktman

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2012

Attachments

• Residential Pool Pump Savings Calculator.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 26
Re: Intelliflow Variable Speed pump 1.5hp -- Is this realist

The energy usage estimate for the fixed speed pump is way off. You shouldn't run the single speed even half that much, probably more like 1/3 of that (depending on how good your circulation is). Also, if you are buying a new pump anyway you should be comparing to a two speed pump and quite possibly a 3/4 HP pump instead of a 1.5 (unless you have a water feature or spa that requires the larger pump). A two speed pump will cut the electric costs by 50%, so 1/6th of what they are estimating for the single speed, or about $150/year. Their estimate of the costs of the variable speed are also a little optimistic, though not that far off. Then they are assuming you run the pump 365 days a year, which very very few people do, half of that is typical, which halves the savings yet again.

The net effect is that with electricity around $0.10/kwh you won't make the payback on the additional costs for the variable speed pump (unless you have some unusual circumstances you haven't mentioned.)

A number of things need to be accounted for that aren't. Plumbing size, distance, number of plumbing turns, etc... will have an effect on head loss, something no considered.

Slowing water velocities through plumbing helps a lot and a variable speed pump helps a lot, to be sure. Finding the right speed(s) for your equipment to work is critical. What good is an Intelliflow if it is set too slow to erode tablets in a feeder or the flow switch of a salt cell, for example? The number of turns needed might be reduced. One speed won't fit every purpose. A spa's jets may need a higher flow, as might skimming and pool sweep motors.

Chances are an Intelliflo will save you a lot in recurring energy costs compared to what you have now. Will it be quite the sum suggested? Not likely but if you saved only $500/year from what you are currently paying, it still makes sense,

Scott

pktman:

There are potentially significant energy savings when replacing a single-speed pump with a variable-speed pump. However, one needs to be careful in how these savings are calculated.

One very important thing to keep in mind: In order to get an equivalent water turnover, you will need to run the pump longer when running it at a lower speed. For example, if you are currently running @ 3,200 rpm and you lower the pump speed to half that speed (1,600 rpm), you will need to run the pump for about twice as long for an equivalent water turnover. However, this calculator does not automatically adjust for this. This requires running this calculator in two steps.

After setting the Pool Data, Electricity Rate, Months per Year Used, and Pump Horsepower figures to match yours, I played around with this calculator as follows:

• 1. Using the sliders, enter the run time of your current pump. It appears that the Single Speed Pump speed defaults to a preset figure (most likely about 3,450 RPM), so you can ignore the Variable Pump Speed for this step (it can be set to anything). Note & record the Cost Per Year and Turnovers Per Day figures shown under the current (Single Speed) pump. Example: If you run your current Single Speed pump 12 hrs / day, I get a Cost Per Year of $905 and Turnovers per Day of 2.1 which match your figures.

• 2. Set the Variable Pump Speed and adjust the Run Time to achieve the same Turnovers per Day for the new pump. Record the Cost Per Year figure shown for the new pump. For example, to achieve the same Turnovers per Day of 2.1, I set the variable pump speed to RPM 1,400 rpm and the Run Time to 24 hrs / day. I get a Cost Per Year of $230.80 for the new (VS) pump. Ignore the figures that now appear in the Single Speed Pump section - that's why you needed to record those figures separately in Step 1.

This method gives a revised savings of about 74% [=1-(230.80/905)] as opposed to the 92% [=1-(73.81/905)] shown on the PDF. I still think this revised estimate is a little optimistic but in the ballpark. It is certainly a more "apples to apples" comparison since water turnover is kept constant. For example, note the Turnovers per Day on your PDF: It shows 2.1 for the Single Speed Pump and 1.0 for the VS Pump. Thus, it shows an inflated savings figure but at a cost of halving your water turnover.

From the zip code shown on the PDF, it appears you are located in Texas. If you keep your pool operational year-round (as I do), then the 12-months per year probably applies to you. If not, then adjust this factor for your situation.

PoolGuyNJ and BoDarville, you are both ignoring some of the strange assumptions make in the posted estimate. 2.1 turnovers is unreasonable, 1.0 is better but still high, that is more than a 50% reduction in the fixed speed pumps costs. Assuming the pool is in uniform use 365 days a year is unreasonable, even in Texas you run the pump much less during the winter, that is another 30% to 50% reduction. It would be fairer to compare to a two speed pump, rather than to a single speed pump, that is yet another 50% reduction in fixed speed cots. Using a 1.5 HP pump is unreasonable for most pools, if replaced with a 3/4 HP pump that is another 20% to 30% reduction in costs. Those four reductions in costs means something like1/10th the cost, which is way way less and completely changes the conclusions.

Even if some of my assumptions are wrong, a $500/year savings when electricity is $0.10/kwn hour is not even vaguely plausible. It won't be anything even remotely close to that much if the single/two speed pump owner uses even a little common sense.

Jasonlion - Thanks for your input. Are you saying I should go with a 3/4 HP variable pump as opposed to the 1.5HP variable? I also was told by the PB to go with a 1HP Spa Blower if that makes any difference.

Nearly all of the variable speed pumps are 3 HP at max speed, and lower HP levels at lower speeds. I don't think that anyone makes a 1.5 HP variable speed pump, and if they do there really isn't much point in getting one as it is worth having a little extra power on reserve just in case you need it.

What I am saying is that if you have a typical pool, with no water features and no spa, and your electric rates are $0.10/kwh, then you should get a 3/4 HP two speed pump, and that will save you money in the long run. Even though it will cost a little more to operate, it will more than make up for that in reduced up front costs.

Things are a little more complex if you have a spa or roof top solar heat, and you may need a larger two speed pump, but the conclusion is similar, a variable speed pump is unlikely to pay back it's additional up front costs when your electric rates are that low.

Jason:

Agree that a turnover of 2.1 is overkill; 1 turn a day is adequate for most instances. I was just trying to match OP's figures for the Single Speed pump for illustrative purposes. Also agree that it is worth OP's time to price out a 2-speed pump and compare to VS, especially at 10 cents/kWh. It's also worth looking into a lower HP 2-speed pump if OP's pool will support that. I think we agree on all those points.

The main point of my original post was that you need to run this calculator in a way that holds water turnover constant for both pumps. I did not want to obscure this point by using a different set of numbers. When OP ran this calculator, the turnover for the single-speed was 2.1 while the turnover for the VS was 1.0. That's not a fair comparison. As a result, the savings of the VS pump are grossly overestimated.

As for winter pump run time, here's where we differ. I keep my pool operational all winter. There are some days when I don't need to run the pump at all (mostly in mid-late autumn). Even during that traditionally tranquil period, I run it 3-4 days/week on average mainly to add chlorine/MA/Baking Soda as needed. When it is run, I still aim for a turnover somewhere between 0.5 and 1.0. During freezing weather (we get more of that here than many people realize), the freeze guard runs the pump automatically until it gets above freezing. Our average low temperature from mid-December through early February is at or below 32 degrees. On nights when it gets below freezing the pump can run 6-12 hours. This begins to cancel out the lower run times of mid-late autumn. In early February 2011 due to a prolonged severe cold snap, it ran 24/7 for the majority of a week. As a reference, during the height of the summer, I run it daily for about 5 to 5.5 hours on average which gives me a turnover slightly above 1.0. For winter freeze protection purposes, I would benefit greatly from either a 2-speed or VS since running at half-speed or even a bit lower would provide adequate water movement for all but the most extreme conditions. So for me, 12 months applies. It's just that the run time pattern and the main purpose for running the pump (freeze protection) is different than during the swim season.

Okay - So I'm looking at a building a 13,590 gallon pool with a 855 raised spa. There will be some water features. I'm in Dallas Texas. Could someone kindly tell me what equipment I should go with. I am ultra confused! :brickwall:

Thanks Everyone!

The ideal pump size depends on several details of the spa. The pump needs to be sized to run the jets appropriately, which depends on how many and what kinds of jets you are getting, and also on some details of the plumbing. Your pool builder should be able to figure that all out for you.

For maximum cost effectiveness, I still recommend getting a two speed pump. You could get a variable speed. It will cost more up front and less to operate. Though it is unlikely to break even compared to a two speed, it won't cost too much more. However, variable speed pumps have slightly higher failure rates, and slightly higher instances of other problems, so without a cost advantage there isn't really too much point. The one big advantage they do have is that you can adjust the flow rate to get exactly the effect you want from the spa jets. On the third hand, it is possible that your builder will give you a good price on the variable speed, which can make up for any disadvantages.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

pktman said:
Okay - So I'm looking at a building a 13,590 gallon pool with a 855 raised spa. There will be some water features. I'm in Dallas Texas. Could someone kindly tell me what equipment I should go with. I am ultra confused!
Since you are having a pool built, your builder should be able to determine the pump size/HP for your pool/spa and any additional water features. My pool has some similarity to your planned pool in that it has a raised spa with a spillover waterfall. I have no additional water features such as other waterfalls or fountains.

As for 2-speed versus variable-speed, here's my $0.02: If I were in the market for a new pump today , I would likely go with the 2-speed. I would also question whether I need a 1.5 HP pump (inherited current pump mfd in 2008). Based on pricing I have seen along with my per kWh cost (similar to yours), the 2-speed would be the best option from a cost/benefit standpoint. Jason does bring up a good point about reliability of variable-speed pumps. They are newer to the market compared with 2-speeds and are no doubt more complex, so I would factor that in your decision as well. Either way, a 2-speed or VS pump is a win-win as it will provide big electricity savings over a single-speed pump of equivalent size.

However, in 4 or 5 years when I see myself in the market for a new pump, things may change. I expect VS pumps to come down in price and increase in reliability as 2-speeds have over the past several years. Still, I would look at all my options in light of pump prices and my electric rates at that time (that is the big unknown - how stable will electric rates be over the life of a pump/motor).

Actually, BoDarville's analysis of the single/two/variable speed pump compariation is fairly solid. I own the Pentair Intelliflo VS (full variable speed). I replaced a 1.75HP single speed pump. Before I removed the old pump, I measured current used by the pump with a clamp-on ammeter. My usage was 3300 watts. With the Intelliflo, with the same turnover rate per day, it settled at about 1600 watts. It now runs at about 1350 watts, so I'm saving 60% of what I used to spend on electricity irrespective of how long I run the pump. I don't worry about the pump's rated HP, because it isn't running a full load as the single speed did.

Now, this is at the same gpm flow rate as for the old pump. How so? The single speed pump runs at one speed, irrespective of head it experiences downstream. It is very easy for a single speed pump to operate outside of its optimum performance, especially a replacement pump that is installed long after a pool is built and without anyone being able to calculate head since almost all pumping is underground (it can be measured, if one has the equipment).

A two-speed pump has a much better chance at running closer to optimum (at least theorhetically) since it has two speeds. But your criticism of the Pentair calculator is a bit misdirected. It isn't necessarily true that it will save 50% just because it is a two-speed pump. Even if its lower speed is "one-half" that of its higher speed, low-speed flow isn't necessarily 1/2 of flow at higher speed. This is because it cannot compensate flow for existing head of the system based on the different pump speed. Every model of pump has a different performance curve based on (exactly what Jason and Bo discuss) piping and head configuration...and pump impeller speed. When a pump is designed, the company needs to decide if they will optimize the housing/impeller to the high speed, low speed, or in between. A cheaply designed/mfr'd 3/4 HP pump will not perform as well as a well-designed/mfr'd 3/4 HP pump. It would be interesting to hear from a pool pump manufacturer as to which speed they optimize their pumps. The Pentair energy consumption calculator appears to account for this inefficiency.

Herein lies one of the great strengths of a fully variable speed pump that has a built-in computer to calculate flow requirements, including accounting for water temperature. The Intelliflo sensors measure various parameters (some data that is input by the owner) and calculates the required pump speed based on existing plumbing conditions. As a mechanical design engineer, I used to do this. It isn't difficult, but tedious, and after getting my numbers, I had to interpolate in the pump manufacturer performance graphs. So much easier, faster, and more accurate letting the Intelliflo do it.

The recurring costs BoDarville mentions is having to replace a single/two speed pump in a shorter time frame than the variable speed pump (with mfr quality being equal) because they wear out faster. This is a substantial cost that needs to be figured into the life-cycle cost of the pump purchase (at least I did when I spent as much as I did for the Intelliflo....LOL).

Now, one major feature that hasn't been discussed, that might not be as important for everyone, is noise. The pool user can adjust the speed of the Intellifo to just about whatever they want. Besides the Intelliflo just being more quiet than my old pump, I could (but didn't) lower the speed even more to get it even quieter. Now, my pool pump is quieter than my house heat pumps. That is worth some of the extra cost for me.

Best regards, guys. Thanks for a great website!!!!

ajgiii, while the exact electrical savings of using a two speed pump on low speed will vary just a little from pump to pump they are invariably right around %50, and that number has nothing to do with the plumbing design. The pump affinity law shows that running the pump at half speed will always result in exactly half the flow rate and 1/8th the HP. The electrical efficiency of the motor is right around 50% as good on low speed (this varies slightly depending on the motor design, and has nothing to do with the plumbing), so electrical usage will be right around 1/4 per unit time. However, since it is running at half the flow rate, you need to run it twice as long, so the actual savings is 50% for the same total amount of water moved. All of this is true regardless of the plumbing design, size of the pool, etc. The only thing that can affect it are situations where half the flow rate simply won't work, for example every once in a while you get a SWG or solar panel system that requires a higher flow rate to work correctly.

Likewise, it is impossible to achieve the exact same flow rate while saving 60% of the electricity. The inherent efficiency of a variable speed pump is about 15% better than a traditional pump, so you save about 15% if you need the exact same flow rate. The big gains come from running at lower flow rates for longer times, since smaller pumps always have higher system efficiency and running at lower speeds is the same thing as using a smaller pump.

There can be problems when running a pump outside its efficient operating range. However, that almost never happens in practice. The efficient operating range of modern pumps is fairly wide and it takes a quite dramatic mismatching of the pump to the pool before you will have problems.

The expected lifetime of a variable speed pump is currently noticeably shorter than the expected life time of single speed or two speed pumps. Single speed/two speed pumps are well understood systems that haven't changed in any significant way in decades. Manufacturers have worked out nearly all of the kinks and achieved very good reliability levels. While there are some small inherent advantages of variable speed pumps that might someday make them last longer, the dominant effect at the moment is that they are new and complex designs which have not had all of the kinks worked out of them yet. As a result they tend to fail well before their theoretical lifetime is used up. The net effect is that right at the moment variable speed pumps are getting an average lifetime of about 3/4s as long as single/double speed pumps.

Noise is indeed a significant issue. Both variable speed pumps on lower speeds, and two speed pumps on low speed, produce dramatically less noise than any pump run at full speed. A variable speed pump on a really low speed is quieter still, but a two speed on low is already so quiet that few people notice any difference.

By the by, the IntelliFlo flow rate sensor has a rather dramatic lack of precision at low speeds, rendering it more or less useless below about 30 GPM.

To illustrate Jason's point, below is a table which compares the energy use and running costs of several pumps on CEC Curve-C and using the OPs pool size and energy costs plus assuming 1/4 turn at higher speeds and 3/4 turn at lower. The first column is a 1.5 HP pump run at full speed only. The rest are two speeds along with sever VS/VF pumps. Note that the payback for the smaller two speeds is less than the VS which is the cheaper of all the VS pumps. Also, the last column shows the VF at exactly the same flow rate as the 1.5 HP pump and the power usage is only about 8% better than the 1.5 HP. But at lower flow rates, the VS does better compared with smaller pumps because the motor efficiency tends to drop with HP rating.

[tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] General Inputs [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] [center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58] [/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Pump Model [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]WFDS-6[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]WFDS-26[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]WFDS-24[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]SF-N2-1A[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]SF-N2-3/4A[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]IntelliFlo Variable Speed[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]IntelliFlo VF[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]SP3400VSP[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]IntelliFlo VF[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Pump Cost ($) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ -[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 645[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 605[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 510[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 500[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 850[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 1,152[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 1,230[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 1,152[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Energy Cost ($/Kwh) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 0.09[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Pool Volume (gallons) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Pump Row [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]134[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]118[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]114[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]106[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]110[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]87[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]89[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]89[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Nameplate HP [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.50[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.50[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.70[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Service Factor [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.47[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.10[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.67[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.32[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.32[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.32[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Motor Efficiency [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]77%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]75%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]65%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]67%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]65%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]92%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]92%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]84%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]92%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Power Offset [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]181[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]233[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]198[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]171[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]161[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]82[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]82[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]40[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]82[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Operating Point Speed 1 [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Turnovers per Day [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] CEC Plumbing Curve [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Override Pump Speed (RPM) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2500[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2500[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2500[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3130[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Measurement Pump Speed (RPM) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Flow Rate at Override RPM (GPM) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]88[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]82[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]78[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]70[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]59[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]70[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]70[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]71[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]88[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Total Head Loss (ft) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]64[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]55[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]50[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]40[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]29[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]41[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]41[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]41[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]64[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] RPM/GPM [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]39.20[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]42.07[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]44.23[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]49.29[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]58.47[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35.57[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35.57[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35.20[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35.57[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Energy Use (watts) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2220[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1880[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1592[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1450[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1130[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1086[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1086[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]909[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2052[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Energy Factor (Gallons per Watt-Hr) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.38[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.62[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.94[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.90[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.13[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.88[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.88[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.69[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.57[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Wire to Water Power Efficiency [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]48%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]45%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]46%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]37%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]28%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]50%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]50%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]61%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]51%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Turnover Rate (Hrs) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.9[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Runtime (Hrs/Day) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.8[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.9[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.9[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.9[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.8[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] kwh/Turnover [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]5.5[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.9[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]5.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.6[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]3.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]5.6[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] kwh/Month [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]185[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]42[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]37[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]38[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]28[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]28[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]23[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]43[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Operating Point Speed 2 [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Turnovers per Day [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.75[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] CEC Plumbing Curve [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]Curve C[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Override Pump Speed (RPM) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1000[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1000[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1000[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1000[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Measurement Pump Speed (RPM) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1725[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]800[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]800[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1000[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]800[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Flow Rate at Override RPM (GPM) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]47[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]45[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]42[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]38[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]28[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Total Head Loss (ft) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]18[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]17[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]14[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]12[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] RPM/GPM [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]36.70[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]38.33[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]41.07[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]45.39[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]57.50[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]26.67[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]26.67[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35.71[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]26.67[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Energy Use (watts) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]445[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]440[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]380[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]330[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]280[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]137[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]137[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]96[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]137[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Energy Factor (Gallons per Watt-Hr) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.34[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.14[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.63[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.91[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.43[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]13.15[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]13.15[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]17.50[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]13.15[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Wire to Water Power Efficiency [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]36%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]32%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]26%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]15%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]31%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]31%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]35%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]31%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Turnover Rate (Hrs) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]5.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]5.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]5.7[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.3[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]8.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]8.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]8.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]8.6[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]8.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Runtime (Hrs/Day) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.3[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]4.8[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]6.0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] kwh/Turnover [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.3[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.4[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.2[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]2.2[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0.8[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]1.1[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] kwh/Month [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]0[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]54[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]50[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]48[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]51[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]19[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]25[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Summary [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Low Speed/High Speed Energy Factor [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]38%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]43%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]44%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]42%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]49%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]30%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]27%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]20%[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Total kwh/Month [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]185[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]96[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]87[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]86[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]86[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]53[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]53[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]42[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]68[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Energy Cost ($/Month) [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 17.00[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 8.80[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 8.01[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 7.88[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 7.94[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 4.91[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 4.91[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 3.89[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]$ 6.23[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][tr:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58] Break Even (months) - Relative to first pump [/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58][/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]79[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]67[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]56[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]55[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]70[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]95[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]94[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][td:26fnoi58][center:26fnoi58]107[/center:26fnoi58][/td:26fnoi58][/tr:26fnoi58][/table:26fnoi58]

Mas, I've seen your posts elsewhere and they are pretty good. The chart you provided here is incredibly flawed.

1. When doing life-cycle analysis, ya gotta always include replacement cost of the base product. In your chart, you have $0. This is throws off your calc all the way across the board on payback. Remember, the question was "I need to replace my pump, what should I get" not "should I replace my pump even though I don't need to"

2. Comparing operating cost of the Intellifo at highest speed vs the single speed pump is also incredibly inaccurate because unless the pool is designed so that's the requirement, the Intellifo will self-adjust to the conditions it senses. Also, conditions requiring 3hp could very well stall a 1.5 hp pump or cause it not to pump at flow. Now, look, I said "require". A 14,000 gal pool likely doesn't need 3hp, right? Of course not. So, if all it needs is 1/2hp, like you have in your personal set up, the single speed pump will still operate at 1.5 hp while the Intelliflo will self adjust down to close to 1/2hp. That is one of the places where the major savings occur.

3. You've referenced papers by Joe Evans, PhD in other posts, so I know you're familar with his work (very good stuff, he has). In his calculator on Wire-to-Water efficiency, using data from your chart, comparing the lowly single speed w/the Intelliflo, but using higher efficiencies for the single speed, WtW eff for the single speed =78%, but only 68% for the Intelliflo. But, the annual cost from Joe's calculator for the single is $140 whereas it is $40 for the Intellifo. Also, check out his paper: "Comparing Energy Consumption - To VFD or Not to VFD"

4. One last item should be enough. You state power usage by the Intelliflo is only 8% better than the single speed. Well, wouldn't you think a 3HP pump would use MORE power, therefore would cost MORE to run than a 1.5HP pump? But what is the consumer's concern? $$$, irrespective of power (which in electrical land you can't neglect, but really, the consumer doesn't care as long as $$$ drops). Your statement is contradicted at least three times in your chart. If you look at only one instance, look at $/month.

5. Finally, consider this: single and multi-speed motors are being replaced by Variable Frequency Drives for HVAC systems across the country to save big $$$ (as long as they are adjusted properly), and especially to meet LEED standards. No scoffing now, because moving air in an HVAC system behaves like a fluid.

Best regards. Again, thanks for TFC!!
J.

I think you may have misunderstood what I posted in the table. I am not disputing that the Intelliflo uses less energy, only that it may be less cost effective which are two different things.

1. The chart was meant as an example for someone replacing the pump and not for someone building a new pool. The economics are different and I will usually recommend a VS for a new pool build as the differential cost is insignificant relative to the cost of the pool. However, the VS may still not be more cost effective. For example, if the Whisperflo costs $8/month to run and the Intelliflo costs $5/month to run, it will take over 100 months of run time to recoup the cost difference in the pumps if the the Intelliflo costs more than $300 more than the two speed. The pump may not last that long especially for pool owners that close their pool.

2. I am not comparing full speed on the Intelliflo with the two speeds. Look closer to the override RPM values. The model uses two speeds because generally, most people will operate on at least two speeds. For the Intelliflo, I am modelling 2500 RPM AND 1000 RPM with 1/4th a turn on the higher speed and a 3/4 turn on the lower speed and I am comparing that to the two speed on their two speeds. But I would like to point out that Intelliflo actually saves more energy at higher RPM and flow rates than the lower RPM and flow rates because the absolute energy use is higher. For example, if you compare the values for the Whisperflo WFDS-24, on high speed, the VS saves about 500 watts (2500 RPM vs 3450 RPM) while on the lower speeds (1000 RPM vs 1725 RPM), it saves 243 watts. So the higher speeds save twice as much in wattage although you would probably run less on higher speed. However, because of the this, the run times at higher vs lower speeds does not seem to affect the payback times all that much.

3. I am not exactly sure what your point is here but the efficiencies you are quoting are closer to the published electrical motor efficiency (BHP/EHP) and not wire to water efficiency (WHP/EHP). The later includes the efficiency of the wet end so while the wire to water efficiency of the Intelliflo is 50%, the wet end is about 54% and the motor has a 92% for a combined 50% efficiency. In fact the Intelliflo uses the same wet end as the Whisperflo so that should be about the same.

4. Again, you did not look at the table carefully. In the last column, I am comparing the Intelliflo at 3130 RPM (88 GPM) to the Whisperflo at 3450 RPM (88 GPM), so the same flow rate but different RPM values. Also, I absolutely agree that the Intelliflo costs less per month to run but the initial cost cannot be ignored either so it can and will take longer for a VS to pay for itself, depending on the configuration. After that, the VS is going to be more cost effective. However, that time may be longer than the life of the pump so those savings may never be realized.

5. I absolutely agree. No arguments. But this point doesn't really change anything.

As I final note, I want to reiterate my POV, the VS saves energy, no question. But it may not always be the most cost effective solution.

1. No, not over 100 months because you haven't included the cost of the WDFS 6 in the calculation. If you meant the WDFS 24, I don't see 107 - 67 = >100. I must be missing it.
2. Because you said >100 months payback, I thought you were talking about the Intelliflo VF. If you're talking about the VS, well, there are multiple versions of that pump, from 4 to 8 speeds (I purchased the VF). But if you are talking about the VS, it has a 70 month payback to the WDFS 6 in your chart, and has a faster payback than the WDFS 24. This = unclear. If the VS selects its speeds automatically like the VF does, you really need to use measured data (like I did when I changed my pump) instead of theorhetical.

3. Actually, I was using the efficiencies presented by Dr Evans. I didn't alter what he had 'cuz I didn't have info on efficiencies.

4. I think your chart is confusing both of us.

5. Well, the point is that variable frequency/speed motors are being used because they perform better, longer, and less expensive. Pumps are driven by motors. The analogy is direct.

Thanks for the explanation. I gotta let this go.

Best regards.
J.

That table can be confusing so let me simplify it and compare only two pumps. Since the OP was looking at the 1.5 HP, lets compare that pump with the cheapest Intelliflo since either way, they will probably go with a controller. Using Amazon pricing and Curve-C operating points, here are the results for both pumps:

[tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Summary [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] [center:11o6t6jr]WFDS-6[/center:11o6t6jr] [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] [center:11o6t6jr]IntelliFlo Variable Speed[/center:11o6t6jr] [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] [center:11o6t6jr]IntelliFlo Variable Speed[/center:11o6t6jr] [/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] High Speed (RPM) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]3450[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]3130[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]2500[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] High Speed Flow Rate (GPM) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]88[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]88[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]70[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] High Speed Power (Watts) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]2220[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]2052[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]1086[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] High Speed Run Time (hrs) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]0.7[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]0.7[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]0.9[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Low Speed (RPM) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]1725[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]1000[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]1000[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Low Speed Flow Rate (GPM) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]47[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]30[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]30[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Low Speed Power (Watts) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]445[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]137[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]137[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Low Speed Run Time (hrs) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]3.8[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]6.0[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]6.0[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Total kwh/Month [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]98[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]68[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]53[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Pump Price [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]$ 580[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]$ 850[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]$ 850[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Energy Cost ($/month) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]$ 9.03[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]$ 6.23[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]$ 4.91[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][tr:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr] Break Even (months) [/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr][/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]96[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][td:11o6t6jr][center:11o6t6jr]65[/center:11o6t6jr][/td:11o6t6jr][/tr:11o6t6jr][/table:11o6t6jr]

I also ran two high speeds for the Intelliflo, one to match the flow rate of the Whisperflo and one for a little higher efficiency. Best case is at least 65 months before break even. However, I would still go with the Intelliflo because of the flexibility in operation and it is great for spas but not because it is more cost effective.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.