ultraset 15x48 well water fun

Jul 29, 2012
Good old smelly, florida well water, full of iron and sulfer.

My numbers as follows:
ph 2
tc 2
freec 2
total alk 110
calcium hardness 50

And the story.....filled pool, water looked clear with a green tint. PH was way low, added phplus.

Then added liquid chlrine, turned to dark brown water, filtered thru socks added to return line from cartridge filter.

Also tried metal out.

Progressed to a pretty green colored water, and now that the chlorine is about gone, the water is yellow.

The pool was a gift, or so I thought. I am not financially situated to support any chemical companies !!

Any suggestions before I list it on craigs ??

Thanks all.

Read PoolSchool above. It gives lots of good information. If you use the tips given here on the forum you will find that you can keep your pool clear using things from your local grocery store or WalMart (not supplies found in the pool aisle either).

They will suggest you buy a good test kit as most pool stores are unreliable and want to sell you chemicals. Test strips are not accurate enough to allow you to do what you need to do.

Don't give up -- start reading.

Post pics of your water if you can.

lol, well...

Looks like you have nice clear green water. Does it get greener when you add bleach?

I'm also confused over your pH result of 2. That's not an appropriate pH result. How did you get the test results? What have you used to chlorinate? Do you have an estimated CYA result?

A full set of current test results would help us help you.

Fixed your link

DSC01105.jpg

Since you know you have metals in the water, a sequestrant is what you need to fix it. I am not a metals pro but it seems like you have a pretty good looking pool there. Keep your pH in line, get your Chlorine in the right ranges for your CYA level and you should be able to enjoy.

I am not even sure you must fix the metals, it just changes the color of the water.

If you have gone from brown, to green, to yellow tinting...that means your filter is filtering out the metals :goodjob: I would not add anything at this point and let the filter and the socks do there work.

You may be one of the lucky few that can filter your metals out ( I am another).

jtrnr1951 said:
Progressed to a pretty green colored water, and now that the chlorine is about gone, the water is yellow.
Oops I missed this...continue chlorinating. If your tint does not continue to lessen while maintain normal FC levels (but I would give it a chance), then you will need a sequestrant as mentioned in:http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/metal stains

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.