Weird sound coming from intex sand motor

Jun 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hello, I installed a new Intex 1,600 sand filter a month ago and today the motor started to make a loud noice. Sounds like the motor is giving up and its new. I use it 4 hours a day most of the time unless I boost the SWG. Coul it be the impeller? I shutt it off until tomorrow to see if it cools off and works again but Im worried here. If it goes, my pool will turn green before I get a replacement part from Intex. Only if I got a Hayward instead...
:( Dam it!!

How is the flow rate? You may have something jammed in the impeller that is causing the noise. Unplug the pump and see if anything is in the pump input port/impeller....that port is the one on the motor side of the leaf basket.

Mine is diferent. It gets louder by the hour until it sound like driving a car on rims at 60Mph in a police chase. It gets like this like after 6+ hours of use. Then It starts fine the next day because its cool again. Intex is sending me a new one, and I get to keep the bad one. I will open it and check it. Would be nice to have a spare just in case. :-D

thanks for the help guys :goodjob:

:party: Got a replacement today. The motors at Intex were on back order so they shipped a hole unit free of cost. Great service. I ended up opening the motor to find that the front bearing was damaged. Found some corrossion on the left front motor support screw so I have to check the salt level. Maybe is to high. Anyhow I'll try to replace the bearing so I have a replacement for the future. :goodjob: :party: :whoot: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.