New Filter NO Outlet for 120 Volt Plug???

Hello!

We have a new pool filter and new pool that the pump has a 120 Volt 20 Amp plug that we do not have an outlet for nor do we know much about electrical. Is there a way to get an adapter to take that 120 and make it a regular 2 prong outlet? We need advice? We have to get this filter running and this is stopping us in our tracks.

thanks so much!

Possible, yes in theory, but not a good idea. You really ought to have the proper outlet installed to insure compatibility and long term safety. First off, the pump probably requires a three prong outlet, and it is a safety hazard to omit the third prong. Secondly, your existing outlets are probably 15 amp outlets, and will likely blow the circuit breaker/fuse if you try to run a 20 Amp pump on them.

dont do your own electrical if you dont know what your doing. call a licensed electrician. much better than burning your house down, or electircuting yourself. I once was in a crawl space in a country home they had thier pump wire up with 18AWG speaker wire.. no ground home owner wondered why breakers tripped when he took a shower...

If you would like to know how to do this i can tell you in theory of course. I accept no resposiblity for your actions. With that being said pm. Even if you decide not to do it yourself at least you will understand what a electrician will be charging you for. That way your not being taken advantage of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.