Flow Meter Replacement? / Slow Leak on Liquidator Out Side

Aug 14, 2011
P'Burg NJ
Has anyone replaced the Liquidator flow meter with another type of flow meter?

I was looking at a visual flow meter from GEMS Sensors.

http://www.gemssensors.com/en-gb/Produc ... an2006.pdf

Why am I looking at replacing the flow meter, I have a slow leak on the OUT side of the liquidator. When the pump turns off, the liquid in the liquidator tank drains own below the OUT flow hole that the purple out float attaches to the tubing.

I cleaned out both purple floats with vinegar and reattached the 3/8 o.d. tubing on the purple barbs with pool Teflon lube. All of the quick disconnect connectors were removed from the HASA flow meter and the Hayward Needle Valve. I inserted O-Rings on the end of the quick disconnect connectors and reapplied pipe dope w/o the Teflon tape. The pump drain plug quick disconnect connector was also cleaned up and reapplied with an O-Ring.

Filter pump cover had more Teflon lube applied.

Since I am running out of things to try, I am thinking the flow meter may have gotten bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Flow Meter Replacement? / Slow Leak on Liquidator Out Si

pipe dope should not be used where there are gaskets/rubber involved. only use teflon tape. (the pink one is best) there is a type of dope that you can use on plastics and gaskets/rubber washer it's called great blue. - havnt seen it since I left the trade though. I apprenticed with a plumber for two years. sorry I dont know what this specific part looks like so I cant help to much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.