closing pool with power cover

Jul 28, 2012
my 16X32 inground pool has an electric power cover. my local pool supplier is urging me to purchase a winter saftey cover and not use the power cover as the winter cover. is this neccassary

We have an automatic pool cover also. We just bought the house last year and the manual says you can use it in the winter provided the cover rests on the water and not above the water.

However we didn't know the age of the cover and the prior owners husband purchased a winter cover and water bags. She didn't know why and they were never used. Also, the current cover is a Coveratar and the first 3 inches of the webbing on both sides is torn (which i read somewhere other people had the same problem). So we used the winter cover instead of the auto cover so we wouldn't risk any more tearing. We don't have any problems with rain water but wasn't sure about large amounts of snow causing damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.