Building a shed

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
Going to build about a 14' x 30' shed. Going to have it split into 3 sections, one section will be for pool things, one section will be for my work/storage area and one section for my son model train set up. I have been looking for plans (free) on line but with no luck. Anyone have or know where i could get some plans or ideas? Also anyone with suggestions on what to make sure I do or make sure I put in? Anyone build one and after you built it you said, "dang I wish I had done this or this"?

I have a 30' x 40' x 12' and the only thing I usually think is "Dang, I should have made it bigger"! :hammer:

I bought a metal building and insulated it with 1½" thick styrofoam sheets for temp and sound.

If you're looking to build a stick frame Just look at framing plans and you can add partitions wherever you want after that.
I'd plan for water and sewer for a wash basin. I had to add that later and while it wasn't a big job it would have been nicer if it'd been planned for first. You also want plenty of power and think about where the panel needs to be. Wherever the panel sits you'll have to leave a 3' walkway open at all times to it, so place it where it won't take away from precious floor and wall space. I placed mine beside the walk in door and am glad I did.

We bought a metal building and insulated it as well. It is divided into 3 sections, tools, work area, storage (with a man-cave upstairs over 1 section)
It's 40'x30' or 60 x 40.. (can't remember right this minute..) I'm trying to avoid having to build a separate "pool house," but it may be a little too far from the pool for everyday pool stuff. Building was built last year, still a work in progress. It has plumbing roughed in, but that's as far as we got on that. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.