Newbie Here - Please Advise

pktman

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2012
Thinking of building a SWG Pool with a Variable Speed pump - How much of increase in my water, sewer, and utility bills will I be looking forward to?

Thanks in Advance!

I'd say some where between $25 and $500 a month should be close. But really, there is know way to know without a lot more info. Even then every situation is going to be different. Where are you located? What are your rates? How big is the pool? How long do you plan to run the pump? How much sun exposure will it get? I am sure there is a bunch of other variables as well.

The SWG is usually a wash compared to adding Chlorine manually. It's more a matter of convenience. Water and sewage depend on what size and type filter you have. A variable speed pump will save electricity but might not be worth the investment and depends on your electric rates.

Thanks everone! We're looking at going with a 14,445 gallon pool and spa. We pay about $5.03 per thousand gallons on our water. Pre-pool I'm averaging around 70-75 bucks a month in the summer. I live in Dallas Texas and we have sprinkler system. Not concerned about filling the pool. I would like to know how much of increase in my water bill I'll see.

Electricity -I pay .092 cents per kilowatt.

Is this enough info? LMK

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.