My new Pool UV Sanitizer.

Jun 16, 2011
Denton, Tx
So I just purchased a 17' Polygroup pool :-D and I see I can purchase a UV Sanitizer, or Salt Water System. I was wondering if anyone used a UV Sanitizer and if you did, do you use any chemicals?

I am about to set it up and was wondering which way I should go.

Thank you,
Bret

UV "Sanitizer" is wasteful, at best it can supplement your regular doses of sanitizer. The only EPA approved sanitizers are Chlorine, Bromine, and Baqua. I'd post more but Richard linked to a much better post than I could ever dream of writing. I just wanted to chime in so Richard didn't feel lonely and to give a second opinion :cheers:

Thank you for the information. I'll be looking for a SWG tomorrow. I need a test kit too.
I finally have the pool setup and water is going in slowly. With Temps as high as they were today, I had to take alot of breaks.
I've been reading the Pool School too and will be picking up some products tomorrow too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.