Closing pool with BBB method

May 22, 2012
I will be using our usual pool closer this Sept-what do I need to do before hand with the BBB method? This is my first summer with this method-should I increase my chlorine the week of closing and tell them not to any any additiona chemicals? Also, next spring when they open the pool, should I say "NO Chemicals" or check my CYA first and then decide. I had to drain due to high cya which I can thank years of pool store advice for. I'm more concerned about my closing for now and any advice would be appreciated.

Raising FC to shock level about two days in advance, and then adding polyquat the day before is a good approach.

What to tell the service company depends on how much you trust them. You will likely need CYA in the spring. Some companies will add all kinds of un-needed things unless you are very specific, others are happy to do things exactly the way you tell them.

If you have a mesh cover that lets in any light you might want to hold off on closing until your water temps get in the 50-55 degree range. Waiting to close with the temps in this range and opening before the temps get above this range really improves water quality when you open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.