Safe for kids to swim with FC at 22 ?????

Bent6

May 12, 2012
Jackson, TN
I noticed what appeared to possibly be the beginning stages of algae when I went to clean my pool yesterday morning. The water was slightly cloudy with some suspicious yellowish looking dirt all around the seams of the liner. I went ahead and raised it to shock levels. Shock level for my pool is around 22 - I overshot it a bit and had it at 29-30 last night. I did an OCLT and this morning it was 27.5-28.0. The pool is clean but the water is still a little cloudy in the deep end. I can see the bottom but it's just not crystal clear like normal.

My issue is that we have a house full of kids that want to go swimming. I know the standard response is that it's safe to swim up to shock levels. Is it safe to let them swim with the FC this high? I'm waiting to check it again in a couple of hours to see if it's dropped down to around 20 or so which is my shock level. I don't want kids with burning eyes, itchy skin and bleached hair and swimming suits. Any suggestions?

Test results this AM.....

FC 28
CC 0.0
CYA 55
TA 70
pH (FC is too high to get an accurate reading - was 7.6)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.