My first test results with the K2006. Is this OK?

Jul 18, 2012
Hi again...I finally got my K2006 test kit...and here are my results:

FC=1.8
CC=0.4
PH=7.2
TA=90
CH=110
CYA=60 (This is good since it was up to 90 just a week ago)...

PoolCalc says add 1 gallon bleach, add 4lbs bromax, add 2lbs Baking Soda...
And here's my concern:
It says add 28lbs of Calcium Chloride to deal with the calcium hardness. It's WAY too low now...but your pool school guide says if it's a vinyl liner I shouldn't bother with this. But isn't this so low that it could corrode the pipes and pool equipment?

I should note that when I was testing, the color didn't turn dark blue at this reading...It was just a light blue at 11 drops x 10 = 110. Should I have continued until the blue was a darker shade? I kept adding 5 more drops but it was staying the same light blue. Was I doing this tight?

What do you suggest? SHould I actually add 28lbs of calcium chloride? Where do I even buy that much? Is it in liquid form?
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Poolcalculator recommends adjustments to the target number. However you need to adjust the target sometimes. In this case you are within the 50-300 ppm range for vinyl pools. Don't add calcium... it is a waste of your money and limits future option to use calhypo if you feel the need.

OK, sounds good...
Last question: Could this be contributing to the harshness on our eyes when we open them under water? It stings like heck...so we really can't dive down to retrieve anything at the deep end. It's always been fine in public pools.
Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.