PCC 2000 deck canister, plumbing and how to unclog

diesel

May 2, 2012
I have 12,000 gallon pool built in 1999 by paddock. I finally got it crystal clear thanks to the forum.

Well, I thought the problem was chemicals, but it was that my son got into the box and "fixed" the shut off thing and my filter was running for about an hour a night. No Bueno.

I have a PCC2000 cleaner. The module was replaced in November when we got the home. It has the optional deck canister. I have a single pump, a single drain and no nozzles that stay up all the time.

The genius who had the pool prior to me didn't have the deck canister bag. I bought one and also put in the eyeball jets that were missing. Well while going through the cleaning cycle, i noticed the water valve would get some high pressure and wouldn't shift into another. I currently am running the filter and vacuuming once a week, returning all water through the walls.

Anyway, the genius previous owners also have rocks all around the pool, not river rock, but the kind that get stuck in pipes.

So I have some questions:
1. There are two holes in the bottom of the PCC2000 deck canister. Do they both suck? I got one to suck after pulling out a ton of rocks and debris.
2. Does the water that comes to the deck canister only come from the main drain?
3. what does the 2nd hole in the skimmer port do? One sucks, the other doesnt
4. From Kurt's blog and what I think, what would be the best way to clean these pipes out? judging by the amount of Crud I can only assume it is either a bad nozzle or a clogged nozzle/line.

Any comments are welcome, I really want this thing to work correctly. I am almost there (but hey, at least the water is clear)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.