pump is losing prime when jandy valve is on skimmer

Jul 27, 2012
Please help. I have been having some periodic loss of pressure while the pump is filtering. When the jandy valve is on drain it works fine. If I start to move it toward skimmer air starts pulling through and the skimmer is not pulling water into the motor completely. I don't lose all pressure but it is very low and the motor basket area has lots of bubbles. I use skimmer basket socks to keep large items, bus, etc from getting into the filter. The motor basket is clean and so is the filter. No leaking anywhere. Any suggestions?

Replace the guts with one from a similar, unused valve. If it's the gray valve and the grease cup is screwed in all the way, get a new one of those too. They screw in and out. You don't have to be too nice to the one coming out since it's going in the garbage anyway.

Scott

Thanks for the reply. The water wasn't low that why I was so confused. I had the help of the tech at Leslie's in Snellville, GA. He suggested that I replace the O rings in the Jandy valve and it fixed the problem. No more air leak! Thanks for you help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.