which is a better price for chlorine?

The 6% is the better deal.........here is an excel spreadsheet someone on here made to compare prices[attachment=0:1lp0xps7]Chlorine Calculator.xls[/attachment:1lp0xps7]

Attachments

• Chlorine Calculator.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 28
GuinnessPhish said:
which is a better deal?:

546 oz of 6% bleach for $9.45

OR

512 oz of 12.5% bleach for $25.99?

The 6% is a better buy - it's cost per Gallon of 6% strength is $2.22; the 12.5% costs $3.12 per gallon of 6% strength. Another way to think of this is that the 6% costs $4.43 per gallon of 12% strength equivalent while the 12.5% costs $6.24 for the same 12% equivalent.

All this is from the spreadsheet but double checking is pretty easy.

yeggim said:
Neither are that great but the 12.5% is 41 cents per ounce of Chlorine and the 6% is 29 cents per ounce.

I'm paying $3.59 per 182oz jug of 6% with no higher concentration option available. Occasionally the 96oz stuff is on sale for $1.50 a jug which is a better deal but that's the best I can find here.

UnderWaterVanya said:
yeggim said:
Neither are that great but the 12.5% is 41 cents per ounce of Chlorine and the 6% is 29 cents per ounce.

I'm paying $3.59 per 182oz jug of 6% with no higher concentration option available. Occasionally the 96oz stuff is on sale for $1.50 a jug which is a better deal but that's the best I can find here.
I hear ya. Bleach has gone up this year. Last year I was paying $1.05 for a 96 oz jug at Sav-A-Lot. This year its $1.37. I switched to Audis Tundra bleach which is $1.26 for a 96 ouncer. Last years Walmart price for a 182 jug was $2.73. This years price is $3.16.

I see some folks here paying 11 cents per ounce of Chlorine. The best I can do is 22 cents an ounce this year. Last years pool store price for 12.5% came in at 21 cents an ounce and last years Sav-A-Lot came in at 18 cents.

Geez that has to be painful! Here in Northern Illinois (best pool season in years) even the normally-cost-prohibitive Ace Hardware has 12.5% for $2.50 a gallon - I sure wish I could stock up for next year!

Enjoy the water!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.