Pebble Fina questions

dravenone

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
Glendora, California
So I thought I was decided on Pebble Sheen, but one of my quotes came back with Pebble Fina as the least expensive of the three (Fina, Tec, Sheen) even a tad cheaper than quartz. I love a bargain and am wondering if I have stumbled upon one. I am fine with the finish of either but was wondering:

- Is Fina as long lasting as Tec and Sheen?
- Is Fina as resiliant to poor chemistry like Tec and Sheen claim to be?
- Is Fina as resiliant to stains like Tec and Sheen claim to be?

The second and third points concern me the most as I can get lazy in the off season and my current plaster has rust stains and what I think is a metal stain. I also understand that point two has an effect on point one.

Well....I have first hand experience with this one. I can personally attest to the durability of the Pebble Fina. We purchased a bank owned home with a neglected pool. The color which basically looks like white plaster but is has some definite "fleck" to it. See signature line. I had a 4" rust stain and it came out with some vitamin C tablets but as you can see, it cleans up well. I am impressed with the finish for a number of reasons:

1. Sat nearly empty for a while with no damage
2. Cleaned up well
3. Looks great when filled (with clean water of course)

I would be interested to know if there would have been different results if it was regular plaster. It will also depend on what color you choose to what you can get away with...although you should take care it the right way regardless. :?

Before:
image.jpg

After:

image-1.jpg

All of the Pebble products are excellent and more durable than regular white pool plaster. Fina is fairly smooth. Sheen and Tec are bumpy. All three products also use regular cement as the binder material. The cement can be compromised and can be affected by improper water chemistry, rust stains, and improper workmanship issues. Scale can develop on all three finishes, and the cement portion can be etched by aggressive water. Improper chemical start-ups, and improper workmanship, such as adding too much water to the mix, or adding too much calcium chloride (accelerator), can cause a whitening affect to appear within a couple of months. Reading "Ten Guidelines to Quality Plaster" in this Under Construction section provides further information. ten-guidelines-for-quality-pool-plaster-t42957.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.