Deep end floor drain cover missing

Gibbs

Jun 27, 2012
We actually have the cover except somebody had screwed it in with non-waterproof screws and after the screws rusted the cover came loose. Is there any way to secure the drain cover in place without using screws?

Gibbs said:
We actually have the cover except somebody had screwed it in with non-waterproof screws and after the screws rusted the cover came loose. Is there any way to secure the drain cover in place without using screws?

Underwater epoxy perhaps - but I'm not sure that's a good idea. Look in aquarium section for ideas of that type.

I was thinking of epoxying a heavy weight underneath the bottom part of the cover to weight it down and in place but the Hayward Pool vac might pull at it. If the weight were heavy enough it wouldn't matter. Just thinking out loud.

It's not safe to allow swimmers to use the pool with the grate off. I would suggest that the pool not be used until a new grate can be properly secured.

Can you post the model number from the grate?

It’s from a Sylvan pool, a plastic hubcap / frisbee shaped disk 7 1/8” in diameter, the two screw holes are 5” apart, writing on the front says “Sylvan Pools Engineered For Care Free Swimming”. No part numbers or anything else and the old screws are rusted in place minus the heads. The Hayward pool vac is hooked up and there is no suction from any drains or skimmers.

I had the same situation with the pool and spa drain covers in my Anthony pool. I secured each cover using two-part epoxy. You just need to apply two "dots" of the epoxy to secure each drain cover. This fix lasted for two years until I replastered my pool and had the proper drain covers installed. I was able to pop the old covers off easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.