FC goes UP overnight??

justin_huffman

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
so ive been battling a little algae problem and while i think i have it on the run, something odd has happened, my FC went from 10.5 overnight to 12.5 this morning. Now of course there could be user error but I doubt i could have mis-counted 4 whole drops. ANyone ever hear of this? my water is clear but i am suspicious as to being algae free. thanks all

Normally I add CL in the am. On this occasion I had a bag of super shock laying around and was out if Clorox so i added that bag Wednesday evening. Nothing added since that time. Tested thurs evening about 9pm and then just now at 7 am. Filter was cleaned Sunday and has been running 24/7 on low.

supertune said:
One thing I'm thinking...are you sure you added enough powder when you performed the 1st chlorine test?
If you didn't get that very pronounced red at the start, you might have gotten a weak reading. :idea:

Chuck
good point, i believe i am, the spoon is heaping and the powder comes back up the handle about 1/8"

Bama Rambler said:
You haven't added any FC since Wednesday?
Do you have a swg?
no SWG.

no i havent. i added the super shock wednesday night. i had passed the OLCT tues. into wednesday, clear water, CC 0.0 and losing .5 FC so i thought i was good to go, and may be but after reading the volume of algae horror stories i felt it prudent to continue to be sure.

Do you test in the same spot each time? Where did you put the chlorine in via (water, skimmer, etc)

Few thoughts are
1. Might of took a while for the chlorine to dissolve
2. Different areas of the pool have variations in chemistry due to circulation
3. You may just have made a mistake when testing

In any context, it's not really worrying about too much!

Regards
Stuart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.