Pump for 10'x30"?

Jul 27, 2012
We recently bought a Summer Escapes 10'x30" pool. It holds approximately 1,100 gallons. The probelm is I have quickly come to realize the 600gph pump that came with it is total garbage. To get ANY water to flow out of it, the filter has to be washed out every day. The only good thing about it so far is that I can put chlorine tablets into the filter. Not much to be excited about!

I have decided to get a new pump. I am looking at the Intex 1600gph sand filter. Is this pump to big for our pool? If this pump wouldnt work for our pool, recommendations would be greatly accepted!

Thanks!

Nope. It isn't too big. They make a 1200 gph one as well. I had the 2650 gph on my 12'x36" last year so the 1600 is not too big for your pool.

One thing you might want to consider is if you will be getting a larger pool in the next couple of years. That might dictate you getting a larger filter. If you think you might get a larger pool then don't bother with the 1200 gph.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.