Advice on purchasing an above ground replacement pool liner

D

DEP1977

I currently have a 27' foot round pool with 52" walls and an overlap liner. I am considering buying a bead receiver to convert my pool so I can install a replacement beaded liner myself which appears would be easier to install than a overlap liner to install. A few things I am not clear on. My old liner was a 20ml. What I am seeing online are 20 gauge or 25 gauge. I am thinking about 25 gauge because of the longer warranty. Is that the wise choice? Because of the expense if the new liner and water to be hauled in I want to buy a good quality liner but am not clear on what companies, online, are reputable. Can anyone give me some advice on liner thickness, tricks for installing a beaded liner and a good reputable company to buy a beaded liner from? I am currently looking on Poolsupplies.com and pooldeals.com. Has anyone ever bought a liner off either of these companies? Thank you in advance for your advice and help.

Re: Advice on purchasing an above ground replacement pool li

When we purchased our liner I did so through one of the online dealers. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. :(

I called to place the order as I had questions and they were very helpful. Since I have grandkids they suggested going with the 25 guage. If I remember there wasn't a great deal of price difference. I was told that the 25 guage was thicker than the 20 guage and would be more durable since things would be bumping into the side of the pool (pool toys, kids, etc.). I did purchase the solid blue as it was cheaper than the patterns.

It has been very durable and has been in use since 2007. This summer we finally got our first tear which is approximately an inch in length at the upper end of the water line. I fixed it with a patch. If I had to guess it looks like someone may have punctured it with a toenail or fingernail since the shape is similar.

What was good was that person taking the order threw in an "install" kit of new coping strips, skimmer gaskets, eyeball gasket, and some other things since it was a "new" order.
:-D

We ordered our inground vinyl liner this year from In The Swim, they carry both IG and AG, we ha were happy with our purchase.

I purchased my liner from poolsupplies.com. I shopped several different websites and this one had the best deals. I am very happy with my liner going on two years now.

I purchased a solar cover from pooldeals and they sent the wrong cover. TERRIBLE customer service - one of the responses I got was that solar cover absorb water and get heavier over time. C'mon. They would not admit the shipping mistake. I finally called the manufacturer of the cover and they told me they shipped the wrong cover and sent me the correct one. Thankfully, the manufacturer made good. As for PoolDeals, I would never buy again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.