Pool install and foundation issues...

Jul 15, 2008
I have convinced my fiance 95% convinced of putting in a pool...I had a pool in my old house and understand the maintenance etc...but my real question lies with some foundation issues she has with her home. The home has shifted/is shifting some more-cracks in the walls etc. We know it has some issues and selling is not an option.

Okay-Finally my question-if foundation work needs to be done to the side or rear of the home can it just be incorporated into the pool build? Something needs to be done(we have some people coming out next week) and I was wondering if we have to spend x number of dollars on the foundation being fixed why not just have it done the same time as the pool install. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg

Somehow I think you dont want nor will you find a pool company that would also do foundation repair. Foundation repair is a very distinct business and is a serious business, a screw up there could be co$tly.

You may be able to combine some of the activities, such as earth removal or electric.
If someone has to excavate part of your yard for the foundation it's just as easy for the same crew to excavate for the pool, unless there is some technique for levelling that is a speciality. Same with electric, if you have to re-run electric try to combine for a cheaper price.

The jobs are really separate jobs but I'd definitely ask the PB about trying to combine contracts where feasible, if the same contractors can be used for certain parts you should be able to negotiate a lower price than doing each separately.

If your ambitious you could try acting as your own contractor and sub everything yourself, or perhaps hire a contractor to sub both jobs.
There may be a couple of ways to get some degree of price reduction, I'd at least inquire.

Thanks for the advice...I was thinking about combining the effort while the yard is torn up...her ex dug out about 5 feet of dirt under the existing deck that was up against the foundation...I think this has something to do with the problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.